Re: dosemu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Reardon" <pcr@pcrt.com>
To: "Cheryl Homiak" <chomiak@chartermi.net>;
<debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: dosemu

> I installed dosemu on my potato box to try to help Cheryl, but it did
not
> give me any man or info pages.  Who maintains dosemu, anyway?

http://bugs.debian.org/dosemu

shows Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org> as the maintainer of this package.

Havent looked at it in depth but it seems that it strongly prefers X and
at least in some cases seems like it just wont work in console mode.

Kind Regards,

Shri
Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            23 McDonald Road        Tel: (0131) 558 9990
Email: shri@urbyte.com     Edinburgh EH7 4LX       Web: www.urbyte.com

> Phil Reardon
>
> > I've tried doing this several ways; my most recent, which I realize
isn't
> > totally accurate, was to put '/dev/hda2" under the hdimage entry in
the
> > dosemu.conf. This actually did get me some results as I was able to
run
> > wp5.1 with this setup, but it had other problems. For one thing,
this
> > apparently bypassed the commands in /usr/lib/dosemu so I couldn't
exit not
> > having access to the exitemu command. Of course, once could copy
those
> > commands to /dev/hda1 (/dos when mounted) but that made me wonder if
I was