Re: How can I find out what package contains the Gnome dictionaty aplet?

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 06:52:34AM -0500, stan wrote:
> Somewhere along the line, one of my dslect upgrades must have removed the
> Gnome dictionary aplet, but I cna't seem to find it in the dselect list.
>
> Is there a tool that I can use to search the avaialble packages & see
> what package conyains this?

If I were you I would try -
$ dpkg -S applet

If that didn't bring anything up I would try searching for "applet" at -
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
under section "Search the contents of packages" and see if you find
something that looks relevant.
hth,
kent

--
To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)