Re: How can I find out what package contains the Gnome dictionaty aplet?

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 23:52, stan wrote:
> Somewhere along the line, one of my dslect upgrades must have removed the
> Gnome dictionary aplet, but I cna't seem to find it in the dselect list.
>
> Is there a tool that I can use to search the avaialble packages & see
> what package conyains this?

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents

It's gdict by the way.

$ apt-cache search dict | less
$ apt-cache show gdict

I tried:
apt-cache search dict | grep -i 'gnome'

But that failed because it is listed as a GTK application:

$ apt-cache search dict | grep -i 'gtk'
gdict - small GTK app to retrieve definitions from MIT's dictionary
server
gidic - A simple GTK Dictionary
pydict - an English/Chinese Dictionary written with python/gtk
wordinspect - GTK-based Dictionary Client

Regards,
Adam