Re: backing up /etc

hi ya

assuming oyu have a different disk   mounted as /mnt/backup
	( never backup important data to the same hard disk )

#
# backup of last 7 days
#
# adjust days to when the last time you did your manual backups
#
days=7
ymd=(date +20%y.%m.%d)
#
mount /dev/hdxxxx /mnt/backup
find /etc -mtime -$days -print |tar zcvf/mnt/backup/etc.$ymd.$days.tgz -T -
umount /mnt/backup

scriptize and "cron-ize" the above... :-)

c ya
alvin
http:.//www.Linux-Backup.net ...