Re: xawtv and fullscreen

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 05:07:01PM +0100, Joerg Johannes wrote:

> If I'm right, Modelines are not necessary any more with XF86-4.1 .

That's right, X now has a set of vesa display modes built in, so you dont
need to set up common modes.

>So, how can I get this (from the man page):
>
> Modeline  "pal"  50.00  768 832 856 1000  576 590 595 630  -hsync -vsync
>
> to work with my brand new XF86-4.1 ?

I was trying to do the same thing the other day. The modeline goes into
the Monitor section of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Restart X and if you have as much luck as I did, in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
you'll see 'Not using default mode "pal" (vrefresh out of range)' or similar

I didnt fiddle with the modeline at all or try anything else. I'm reasonably
happy with the 800x600 view for the moment, and I'm probably going to try for
a widescreen view if my tv card etc supports it.

What kind of video card do you have ? I havent tried a PAL mode since ive been
using this Matrox G400 Max so it could be that or the upgrade to X4 that broke
it. Something doesnt like the screen mode thats for sure.

Alan