Re: Debain backspace key maping unfriendly

>> stty erase <backspce key>
>>

>On every other machine, every time I log in? I think not.
>
>What I'm looking ofr is how to change this brain dead default on the Debian
>machines, once and for all.

I am not *yet* a Debian user. Will be installing woody
on sunday. However from my experience with sysvinit based
systems like Mandrake, there should be a file named rc.local
somewhere under /etc. Edit that file and use the bind command
(do not see man page of bind. That bind is different. Do
'help bind' instead.) to set the default behaviour for the
required key sequence.

Somebody mentioned 'xmodmap' etc. They may be helpful too.
Never used them.

HTH

--
Regards,