Re: pam-ldap and passwd

* David Wright <ichbin@shadlen.org> [020318 09:33]:

> I am having problems using passwd to change passwords stored on an LDAP
> database.
>
> I have /etc/pam.d/passwd looking just like it does on my RedHat box:

I have the following in my /etc/pam.d/passwd

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient	/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so use_first_pass
account    sufficient	/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
password   required	/lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=system
password   sufficient	/lib/security/pam_ldap.so try_first_pass
password   required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so try_first_pass

Maybe you want to try it. Also maybe you are interested in the
ldapv3-howto from www.bayour.com.

Greets,

Karsten

--