Installation questions

I am thinking of installing Woody on a Pentium II box.  I have
previously installed PowerPC debian on a Mac, originally potato but then
I moved it to sid.

I would like to make the installation on the Pentium II easier than the
Mac was for me, and faster, by using my other machines in some way.  I
also have a Slackware Pentium III machine.  The Mac doesn't have much
disk space, but the Pentium III machine has quite a bit.  I also have a
CD burner that will work on all my machines (I use mostly SCSI devices
because it makes it easier to mix and match on all the machines).

The Mac is set up as a IP Masquerading gateway to the net.
Unfortunately, it is not a fast connection.  I use a 56k modem.

So my question is, how can I make use of my other machines to make the
installation on the pentium II easier?  I could boot off of floppies and
then download the works off of the debian.org server during
installation, but this is slow and error prone.  I had lots of trouble
installing my Mac over the internet.

The two ideas I have are to serve the base package from one of my other
Linux boxes via NFS or FTP, or to burn it into a CD.  What would be
really great is if I could make a bootable CD that would hold the
ramdisk image and the base package.  It would be nice to download the
woody ISO and use that, but it would take me three days to FTP it (I
actually did that for Slackware 8!  I was astounded I could keep FTP
going for three days and have it actually work!).

What would be the best options for me?

It might also be nice to download a lot of the packages onto my
slackware box, and serve them via NFS to the Pentium II machine, so once
I do the install, it could install right away.  But getting all the
packages downloaded correctly would be a drag.

I don't anticipate that I will install a lot of software on the pentium
II, at least not right away, I mostly want to use it as a fileserver and
would even find it useful without X for a while.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
--