IMAP questions

The IMAP quandary never ends! I have been using exim with UW-Imap with SqurrelMail for some time and have basically hated it's slow performance. I started messing around with courier-imap and have been able to change exim to deliver using maildir. What am improvement! However, my old qpopper POP3 setup no longer works. Is there a way to make qpopper work with maildir?

I am running debian stable, and see that there is no courier-pop until unstable. I tried the install but there were a few packages that I didn't trust upgrading. Is there another POP3 daemon that will support maildir?

Thanks in advance.