cdparanoia error from SCSI emulation?

After an old SCSI CD-ROM dyin' I've replaced it with an IDE, temorarly, and
am usin' SCSI emulation on the drive, basicaly so everything is still the
same, but I've noticed when rippin CD's I get the followin' error.. I've not
seen this before is this just to do with the SCSI emulation or is it
something to do with the IDE drive?

scsi_read error: sector=0 length=7 retry=0
                 Sense key: 5 ASC: 64 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Illegal SCSI request (rejected by target)
                 System error: Invalid argument

TIA
   Ani