Re: Best Email Web Application

Dave Scott, Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 12:45:18PM -0800:
> Anyone have any ideas on what is the best Web Based email application.
>
> I was using Neomail, but it's just too plain, is there anything with
> more options, etc, something more like Outlook Web Access 2000 in an
> open source alternative.

I highly recommend SquirrelMail.  There is a deb in woody/sid, but I
usually just download and install it directly, as it is simple to
install and configure.  <http://www.squirrelmail.org/>

SquirrelMail is very full featured and development is open and active.
There was an imap bug which caused apache procs to hang on high load
servers but that seems to have been fixed in the latest release.

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown