MTA for virtual domains and virus scan

Hi all!

I'm currently running exim 3.33 with mailscan which run quite well.
Now I need to manage some domains on the same machine. I've been reading
about how to have different queues for different domais with exim and about
using /etc/passwd.$domain instead of /etc/passwd for the users of a domain
and some other stuff.
But mixing mailscan, exim and a virtual domain configuration is not so
trivial
because for mailscan you have to set up two exim configurations, one for
incoming
and another one for outgoing mails.

I have not much experience with exim so I'm considering buying the o'reilly
book.
But before getting seriously with exim I'd like to know if there is a
better/simple
MTA for that purpouse, how do qmail or postfix work for a configuration
like the one
i proposed?.
I have experience running amavis-sendmail and sendmail in suse, which works
quite
well with virtual domains, although you cannot use other users file
different from
/etc/passwd. It looks like another possibity for my debian server.

I'd be pleased to hear about your experiences with different MTA's and
virtual domains
and if possible with some virus scanning configurations.

Regards from Barcelona,

Ramon Acedo.