Re: directPC vs Starband (slightly off topic)

Dave Mallery writes:

> i will be forced to go to one of the satellite providers shortly.
>
> if you are using either or the above (or some other service)
> i would greatly appreciate some feedback.  i am in a totally remote
> location.  is there a problem with directpc's usb ethernet connection?

I am also in a very remote setting, with no hope of
either high speed telephone net access nor cable modem,
so IF I get hight speed connection I'll have to do the
same thing you are contemplating.

Does ANY satellite net connection support Linux? That is
as been my first criterion.  I am unaware of any that do.

I have been told that Windows has router software built-in
but I have not been able to get anything runnind to share
my 56K connection.

Please keep us advised of your successes (which all
of us wish you to have).

--David