Re: package install problem

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:06:57AM -0800, faisal gillani wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what this mean when i install this
> package with dpkg ?
>
> debian:~# dpkg -i fetchmailconf.deb
> dpkg-deb: unexpected end of file in version number in
> fetchmailconf.deb
> dpkg: error processing fetchmailconf.deb (--install):
>  subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit
> status 2
>  fetchmailconf.deb

You probably have a partial download or corrupted file.  Go to the
download page and look for the checksum -
The MD5sum for fetchmailconf_5.3.3-3.deb stable is
223c6590b7495a41d4743d526222bc

Run -
md5sum file_name

The two numbers probably won't match.  If not download the file again.
Try a different mirror if the second download doesn't work.
hth,
kent

--
To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)