Re: power off problem

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 17:13:28 +0000, Alan James wrote:

>> I already tried APM, then APM with 'use real mode APM BIOS call to power
>> off' option and finally I tried ACPI instead of APM - didn't make any
>> change.
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question..
> Do you have "enable power management at boot time" turned on ?

No question is really stupid. I also enabled this option, although it
shouldn't have an effect on it. I found something in another thread and
compiled apm as module, added 'apm power_off=1' to /etc/modules, but guess
what - didn't help to power off.

I gave up now and got back to 2.2.19pre17 kernel... :(((
But I don't get it, why it works with 2.2.x and not with 2.4.x.

Christian Schoenebeck