Re: pg_ctl not found on my Potato with PostgreSQL

KenrickC@aap.com.au wrote:

> >Anybody know postgreSQL?  Does the version that runs on 2.2
> > kernels just have some other administrator program, or is this
> > broken?
>
> Try /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/pg_ctl.  Plenty of postgres goodies
> in that directory...

Yeah, I've already looked there.  It has other administrative "goodies",
but
not pg_ctl, so presumably the Potato version you get is just older or
something.

machine:/usr/lib/postgresql/bin# ls
cleardbdir   destroyuser     pg_dump      pg_version          postmaster
createdb     do.maintenance  pg_dumpall   pgtclsh             psql
createlang   enable_pgpl     pg_encoding  pgtksh
save_db_schema
createuser   initdb          pg_id        postgres            vacuumdb
destroydb    initlocation    pg_passwd    postgresql-dump
destroylang  ipcclean        pg_upgrade   postgresql-startup

is what I've got there.

> - Chris

> This electronic mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this electronic mail in error, please delete it immediately. It may also contain confidential information. You may not use or disclose any confidential information.
>
> The statements or views expressed in this electronic mail are those of the individual sender and are not those of AAP Pty Ltd. These statements are not binding on AAP, except where the sender expressly and with authority, states them to be.
>
> AAP is unable to review the contents of all of the electronic mail on its system. To the extent permitted by law, AAP disclaims all liability for any loss or damage caused by the contents of this electronic mail.

http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
xeno@eskimo.com
Physically I'm at:  5101 N. 45th St., Tacoma, WA, 98407-3717, U.S.A.