Re: removing exim & installing sendmail in debian

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 10:34:32AM -0800, faisal gillani wrote:
> Well debian comes with builtin exim mailer deamon
> which is good but i want to replace it with sendmail
> mainly cause i have bought its book
> but i cant remove the package as it keeps giving me
> dependicies problem .. so how can i remove it &
> install send mail in it place ?

apt-get install sendmail

apt is smart enough to remove exim when installing a different MTA
without getting upset over all the temporarily 'broken' dependencies.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss