From: Tim Dijkstra [mailto:tim@famdijkstra.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 5:42 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: How to power off the PC after shutdown

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:35:07 +0100
"jsalord@publicom1010.com" <jsalord@publicom1010.com> wrote:

> How to power off the PC after shutdown under Debian. I know that Red
> Hat does it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Josep

Depends on your kernel (if I remember correctly), for a 2.4.* kernel you
need to load the apm module, for the 2.2.* you need the following line
append="apm=on"
in your lilo.conf (or add apm=on to the append line if you allready have
one). And then of course give the correct command, something like
poweroff or shutdown -h. I like to type ctr-alt-del on the command line,
for that to work (the default is reboot) you have to change the line in
/etc/inittab beginning with 'ca:'

Good luck,

Tim