Re: Interfaces configuration and tap0

Hi Philippe!

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Philippe Raxhon wrote:

> Thanks a lot (I had forgoten that line) but I still have tap0 on
> startup, but not in single mode, so it's probably a daemon that is
> setting it. The real problem is that tap0 is set has the default route,
> and I still have to do;
> ifconfig tap0 down
> or change the default route:
> route add default gw xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev ppp0

i don't kow what tap0 is and why it's brought up... propably some isdn
stuff?

anyway, try using /etc/gateways (see man 5 gateways) for your default
route

> > put the it into /etc/environment and it should work
> >
> It works for all of them except when I try to add some path to PATH,
> gnome doesn't want to start. Is this syntax correct:
> PATH="$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin"
> knowing JAVAHOME and ANT_HOME are set the lines before.
> This syntax is certainly not correct. It's the one I have in
> /etc/profiles and, in a TTY, I still can't run java or ant and don't see
> them in the PATH when typing: set | less

hmmm, try
PATH="${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin:${JAVA_HOME}/bin"

what java runtime do you use? i use the ibm and i don't need a JAVA_HOME
environment variable to get it to work.

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred