Type 1 fonts

This morning I upgraded AbiWord (in testing) and there was a dialog
telling me to make sure that 'Load "type1"' was in the modules section
of my XF86Config-4. It wasn't so I added it and now web pages in Mozilla
0.9.9 look *terrible*.

Also, in checking around it appears that there are duplicate type1 files
in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 and /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts.
Can these be consolidated?

--
Within the limits of equity, everything is to be accomplished
through the free and perfectible initiative of man; nothing is to