RE: Freeswan package on woody?

| Hello,
|
| I'd like to install freeswan on a woody machine,
| but a package search for it cam up with nothing.
|
| Is there a freeswan package at all?
| Do I need a 2.4 kernel? (if so, any issues
| upgrading from a 2.2 kernel to a 2.4  kernel on
| woody?)
| Is there a noddy guide to isntalling it on woody?

On my favorite woody machine...

cyberanarchy:~$ apt-cache search freeswan
freeswan - IPSEC utilities for FreeSWan
kernel-patch-freeswan - IPSEC kernel support for FreeSwan

I tried setting it up a couple of months ago without success, but I didn't
give it the full attention I should have.  IIRC it requires a 2.4.xx kernel
with a patch.  The kernel wasn't a problem, it was configuration that
stalled me out.

HTH,

Brooks