Re: xfce

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:23:24PM -0800, Craig wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:25:52PM -0600, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> > Anyone running XFce and Unstable.
> > Recent upgrade of XFce has removed the Debian menu (xfmenu).
> > Anyone know how to get this back?
> >

> maybe "update-menus"
> try man update-menus
>
> I have a file /etc/menu-methods/xfce and here are a couple of
> its lines:
>
> genmenu=   "debian.menu"
> rootprefix="/etc/X11/xfce/"
> userprefix="/.xfce/"
> treewalk="c(m)"
> mainmenutitle="Debian Menu"
>
> you might want to check if that's intact.

This is not the issue. The "debian.menu" gets generated, however there is
no longer a way to pull it into the xfce menu; Setup no longer has the
debian menu option. And, I do not know how the xfmenu module in xfce
works in order to hack something myself.

Just cutting and pasting the resulting ~/.xfce/debian.menu into
~/.xfce/xfwmrc does not work.

--
Kevin C. Smith           | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
smithkevinc@mchsi.com    | little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor