From: Ron Johnson [mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 3:38 AM
To: orion28@drexel.edu
Subject: RE: Reconfigure IP address

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 21:11, Nicholas Imfeld wrote:
> I'm having some issues with DHCP/Static IP that fits in with this.
When
> I installed Debian the setup couldn't detect my DHCP server so I put
> static values in temporarily.  Then later I added lines to the
> /etc/network/interfaces file.  It looks exactly like the one below.  I
> can get onto my network just fine, but it seems like it never gave up
> its static ip.  Is there some other place where it stores its network
> data that needs to be modified?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try the log file /var/dhcp/dhclient.leases

Also, maybe your ISP just hasn't changed your IP address.
Under Cox@Home, I had the same IP for a year, and now that
@Home has disolved, and after some initial "uncertainty",
I've had the same IP now for a month.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |