2 CUPS machines _way_ too chatty

I'v got CUPS installed on a Woody box, and a FreeBSD box. The woddy box is
the host of one of only 2 printers (The others a HP Laserjet using a
Jetadmin card).

My nightly Amanda backup had not finished when I got home today.

Ivestigation (with etherape, and ethereal) revelaed that these 2 machine
were saturating the local net with CUPS/IPP trafic! No print jobs are qued
up.

Any sugestiosn as to how to troubleshoot this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin