Re: Samba and CUPS

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 23:21, Bill Wohler wrote:
>   This has been a painful day. I've got printing working nicely now.
>   However, Samba is another story.
>
>   My Win2k clients could see the new printer during the create printer
>   phase. However, I'm getting the message "Access denied, unable to
>   connect." Some messages from a Google search said that one can still
>   print, but that's not the case here.

Funny. I had this same problem just a few days ago. I googled around
until I came up with this smb.conf

I think that
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.
        hosts deny = ALL

and
        guest ok = Yes

are were the lines that did it.

Notice that the printer hpviatilda is set up in CUPS with that same
name.

good luck.

op

[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        security = SHARE
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        syslog = 0
        max log size = 1000
        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
        dns proxy = No
        invalid users = root
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.