Re: the quest for a *stable* browser

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 09:32:49PM -0800, Joe wrote:
> >From the non-free tree, Netscape 4.x is rock solid.

It is?  Then why is it that, when I have a dozen windows open to
graphics-heavy sites, closing one window will occasionally shut
netscape down entirely?  Usually with a simple "bus error" as the
entire explanation, although yesterday it managed to hose X so badly
that I had to reboot to recover (first time I've seen that happen
without DRI being involved).

So, no, I wouldn't call Netscape 4.77 "rock solid".

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss