Re: proccess

High,

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, David Richards wrote:

> hi
>     is there a way of making my system only show the proccess that the user
> is running .
> so when user1 does ps aux it only shows user1 proccess?

Yes, just don't give the option to show all users:
ps x or ps ux

See 'ps --help' and 'man ps'

> and will root be able to see all too ?

As above: ps x shows only the processes for the user that gives the
command (root in this case), but ps ax shows all. AFAIK there is no
privacy which user runs which command.

For this case you should be carefull to give passwords in commandline on
multiuser systems.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan