Re: can't start x after woody upgrade

Chris Jenks <rattis@dhol.org> wrote:
> I know that this has been covered recently, or at least I think it
has, but
> I was not able to find it in the archives after 2 hours of reading
> (probably just couldn't find the right thread). I went from 2.2r3 to
2.2r5
> to Woody, and installed Xfree86 4.1.0-14 after going to Woody (no x
before
> that). startx doesn't seem to be on the box. I'm thinking that I'm
missing
> a package, but if I am, I don't know what one. A pointer to either
would be
> appreciated if someone knows what I'm missing. Here is what I have:

[a long listing missing the desired package]

> I did take things like x-chat and man page entries out of this list.

At the bottom of http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages, under the
heading "Search the contents of packages", you can put in a file name
and be told what package it belongs to.

seneca@icosagon:~$ dpkg -S startx
xbase-clients: /usr/X11R6/man/man1/startx.1x.gz
xbase-clients: /usr/X11R6/bin/startx
seneca@icosagon:~$

Seneca
seneca@slemish.com