Re: upgraded, now X isn't working

    "timothy" == timothy bauscher <q@foce.eiomail.com> writes:

    timothy> I upgraded from the stable 2.2r5 to the latest unstable
    timothy> version. This upgrade removed a lot of packages,
    timothy> including gcj. And, for reasons unknown to me, I no
    timothy> longer boot into a graphical login and can't startx. I
    timothy> realize I am not providing very much material to work
    timothy> with, but I would appreciate any suggestions.
    timothy> (==timothy==)

Some more information would really help.

What happens when you type 'startx'?

Is xserver-common installed?

Is xserver-xfree86 installed (XFree86 4.x)? (is 4.x what you want?)

Is xserver-<your card> installed (XFree86 3.x)? (or you want 3.x)?

What does ' ls -l /etc/X11/X' point at?

Cheers!
Shyamal