Re: Printing: CUPS, foomatic, hpoj and HP OfficeJet G85

Bill Wohler <wohler> writes:
>   Question 2: How can I configure CUPS to use this driver?

  I figured this one out too:

    # foomatic-datafile -t cups -d hpijs -p 421970 > /usr/share/cups/model/HP-OfficeJet_G95-hpijs-cups.ppd
    # /etc/init.d/cupsys restart

  Then the G95 printer appeared in the list of printers in the web
  interface. I believe the G95 is identical to the G85, only network
  enabled.

  Is this the intended usage? It seems to me that if one uses the CUPS
  web front-end, one should not have to do this.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!