Re: PINE, Rpm, not installed?

On Sunday 10 March 2002 04:55, Joe wrote:

> > > Rpm isnt there either...

> > We're *not* Red Hat.  Don't insult us with that.
>
> actually though, rpm & alien both are there, in stable, testing, and
> unstable, and they seem to work quite well.
>
> If you wanted to go to rpmfind.net for something like pine, it just
> might work.

But surely, only if you tried to install something with no dependencies at
all?  After all, all the library files are registered debian style, not in
the rpm database. Or is rpm only there because alien needs it?

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
clasqm@mweb.co.za/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

Only drug dealers and software companies call their customers "users"