Re: ssl for webmin

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, curtis wrote:

> Any ideas why enabling SSL support for webmin through the webmin browser
> doesn't work?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled webmin many times
> thinking something just must not have gotten installed right, but that's
> apparently not the issue.
>
> I should note that there are no firewalls between the connections that I
> am trying this out on.

Due to US crypto export brainda^H^H^H^H^H^H^H regulations Debian has two
seperate packages webmin and webmin-ssl.  In the webmin package the SSL
bits in miniserv.pl are commented out (ooh that'll thwart the terrorists!)
so no amount of configuration-twiddling will enable it.  So use webmin-ssl
instead.

Happily this situation will be a thing of the past anyday now and crypto
software will be allowed in the main distribution.  I will then upload
webmin 0.93 (which just came out a few days ago) with SSL enabled by
default.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>