Re: the quest for a *stable* browser

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 10:07, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:15:01PM -0500, timothy bauscher wrote:
> > I downloaded Mozilla via apt-get. It crashes
> > often. I would like a stable open source
> > alternative to Mozilla.
>
> Which version of mozilla are you using?
>
> I have never used the packaged version of mozilla, but the version I
> installed from mozilla.org is very stable.  Once in a great while it has
> some issues with Java that cause it to hang, but that's definitely no
> more than once every 2 weeks.  Otherwise, I have no stability problems
> with it.  I use it regularly on woody, potato, and (until my laptop
> died) sid.

Noah makes a good point.  I've been using sid's mozilla* packages
for 2 months (since 0.9.5) on my woody system, and everything works
fine.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |