Re: Basic linux network questions (long)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:23, Richard Wurdack wrote:
> I discover, however, that if I shut the lid on the box (it might be
> hibernating, don't know - I didn't doing anything special for APM), and
> reopen it, pon can't dial out without a reboot (just like Windows!).

Here's the APM related kernel build settings I use for the Thinkpads I
manage.  They work well for a T20, a 600E, and a 380XD.

I think that Heather has completely answered the rest of your message.
Please post again if you have further problems.

# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set