Re: XF86 4.2.0?

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 00:16, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> I noticed there haven't been any updates to the X Strike Force in over two
> weeks... could this mean XF86 4.2.0 is an imminent release and they just want
> us to be surprised, or that there just isn't any news?
>
> Also, does anyone know if anyone has packaged unofficial XFree86 4.2.0 debs?
> If not, can anyone recommend the best way to roll my own XFree86 4.2.0 into a
> deb, should I just use dh_build, or is there something fancier like make-kpkg?
Let me quote Branden on this one
<quote>

<crass bribe>The sooner I can put this release to bed, the sooner I can
work on
4.2.0.</crass bribe>

Experimental versions of the X packages are available at my repository.

Please test these so that 4.1.0-15 can be a solid release, worthy of the
woody release.  Please direct feedback to the debian-x list.

</quote>

This was sent to debian-devel in an attempt to get some help testing the
packages so that they will be fit enough for the woody release.  I got
them and they seem stable for me. Anyway, dont expect X 4.2.0 till
woody+1.

--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu