just a few questions!

Hello,

I've got just a few questions that maybe someone can help me out with. Thanks
for any help.

1. What's the command line option to record mp3's (on my hard drive) to cds
(that can be played in cd players) using mkisofs, cdrecord, mpg123, etc? I
have tried a couple frontends, but none of those seem to work.
2. What are some good utilities that can convert .vob files to some other
smaller format. I've tried mencoder and drip, but neither of those will do
the job.
3. I'm running testing, and recently upgraded xfree via apt-get. I don't
remember how long ago this was, but I think the new version might not be a
stable as the old ( both were 4.?.? ). After roughly 5-7 days of running (w/o
reboot) x / kde will just lock up. I can ssh in fine and do things from
there, but no response from either the local keyboard or monitor ( sometimes
the mouse works, sometimes it doesn't ). killing x over ssh does not fix the
problem. I have an lcd screen. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?
How did you fix it? Ideas?

Sincerely,
Greg