Re: Raid 0

hi ya

if you didnt buy it yet... first search google for
"high point" and  hpt372

if you're only using 2 disks... dont bother....with hw raid

if you're using 4 disks... use sw raid5 ... on separate ide cables

for list of hardware raid stuff
	http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html
	( note that nobody really is hardware raid )

- true test... setup your raid1 (mirroring) system...
	- pull a disk out ...and see if it still works
	at least raid1...

- testing raid 0 (striping) .. harder to test ...
	write a 2GB file to a single disk...
	read it back ...

	write the same 2GB file to raid0 disks...
	read it back...

	- now try the same tests with "software raid"

c ya
alvin
http://www.1U-Raid5.net