Re: From apt-move to apt-proxy

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:19:11PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 06-Mar-2002 Markus Grunwald wrote:
> > Now I do have a lot of files on the apt-move mirrors, wich I would like
> > to reuse for apt-proxy. Is this possible?
>
> Should be able to just copy them over.

Last time I checked apt-move, it did not recreate the same directory
structure as the Debian archive - in particular the pools structure was not
reproduced.  apt-proxy creates an exact mirror of the archive, so it would
not necessarily find all the .debs if they were copied over.

There is a solution in the latest version of the apt-proxy package in
development, which is on Sourceforge at

http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/apt-proxy/unstable

It's a script called apt-proxy-import, which moves .debs from a given
directory into the correct cache directory.  I'd be happy to receive
feedback if you try it out and have any problems.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany