Re: XFree86 4.1.x ATI Radeon support?

On 05 Mar 2002 22:38:57 -0500
Scott Henson <shenson2@wvu.edu> wrote:

>  On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 20:33, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
>  > So, can I get myself a Radeon card?
>  Yes you can.  I have Radeon VE, which is a Radeon 7500 but suped up...
>  It runs fine under E... also I personally think it runs better than
>  under windows.  And if you check on xfree86.org you can check
>  compatibility and it is compatible.  So yes.  I love radeons and I would
>  recomend it.

A "Radeon VE, which is a Radeon 7500 but suped up"? Maybe you mean it
the other way around. A Radeon VE costs half a Radeon 7500. Now if I
know my economics right: expensive = more (but not necessarily useful)
features. VE is okay under Sid's X 4.1. I don't know about the numbered
Radeons. I think you need to wait for the full 4.2.