Re: Problem with ATI Rage 128 Pro TF

Although this is late, I found the following website was extremely
useful in setting up my ATI Xpert 2000 card (AGP).  This card uses an
ATI Rage 128 chip set

http://two.ucdavis.edu/~holland/unix/xpert2000.html

Although I am not a graphics card expert (no pun intended), it appears
that the XF86 configuration programs have trouble identifying the ATI
Rage 128 chip set in all its permutations.

These other websites might also be useful.

http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/hardware/ati_rage128.html
http://www.yk.rim.or.jp/~ishikawa/how-to-change-X.html

The last site has a section on using the ATI Rage Pro 128 which
according to the website different than the "normal" ATI Rage 128
boards.

Good luck!!

Tony