Does anyone have a Voodoo card working right with hw. acceleration????

Well, if I install libglide3 on my system XFree reports that it's using DRI
with Mesa Voodoo ... as rendered but glxgears drops about 60 FPS where it
should to drop A LOT more. If I uninstall glide then XFree reports that it's
NOT using DRI but INDIRECT acceleration and glxgears drops about 100 FPS...
But the 3d spectrum analizer for XMMS goes a lot more slow without dri than
with it.... In Quake II I've no experiment differences with or without it...
so...

How can I configure this f#$@@d card?????!!!!! Does anyone in the list have
one working right????

I'm using Debian Woody with some unestable packages, trying it with
libglide2, libglide3..., XFree4.1.0.1 and kernel 2.4.16-686. All these
packages has been downloaded with apt-get from debian repositories.