From: Stan Kaufman [mailto:sekfmn@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 12:20 PM
To: Michael Marziani
Cc: Debian User List
Subject: Re: Kernel panic on install, Dell Poweredge 350

Michael Marziani wrote:

> The last message I get is:  "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root
fs
> on 01:00"
>
> I used the debug flag but it is not giving any additional info.
Anyone
> have any idea what I might try?  I've installed Debian quite a few
> times, but never on this hardware.  Any help or ideas appreciated!
>
> -Mike

What are you installing, an entire new system or just a new kernel?
Which
release? What install method? Are you trying to set this up as a dual
boot box?
At what point do you get that msg?

I recently put a new woody install on a PowerEdge 500SC. No major
problems at
all. Nice box for the price.

Stan