Re: Sid packages in Woody

"Charlie Grosvenor" <cgrosv@essex.ac.uk> writes:

>     Is it possible to install a few sid packages in woody and still use
> apt-get to keep them up to date? I wish to install the sid samba packages in
> woody as they support a few features that i require. I have done this by
> downloading the packages manually using ftp and installing them. What i
> would like to know is if i can keep them upto date with atp somehow.

Add both unstable and testing to your /etc/apt/sources.list.
In your /etc/apt/apt.conf file, put

 APT::Default-Release "testing";

To install a sid package, do

 apt-get install packagename/unstable

Apt will do the rest.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! It was a JOKE!!  Get it??
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | I was receiving messages from