Re: apt always upgrade the package that I built :(

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 10:28:59PM -0500, Thomas J. Hamman wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:59:05PM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 10:32:05AM +0800, asho wrote:
> > > I built the zsnes of my own by dpkg-buildpackage.
> > > I installed it by dpkg -i zsnes-xxx.
> > >
> > > Now I commanded the apt-get upgrade, apt showed that
> > > it wanted to upgrade my zsnes package!!
> >
> > Edit debian/changelog in the source package and add a new entry to the
> > top with a higher version number, then rebuild and reinstall.
>
> I'd think an easier way would be to just put the package on hold.

Since he's editing the source anyway I think it's better to document the
local changes, though. Otherwise it's easy to forget what this weird
local package with the same version number as one in Debian is all
about.

You probably want to put it on hold as well, that's true.