Re: Java SDK 1.4

Oki DZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently downloading the SDK from Sun. Has anyone been successfully
> running it? Was there any problem?
> BTW, does the .deb already exist in Blackdown?

I tried it out to see if it would not segfault so often, but found that
there were binary format incompatibilities.  I don't recall the
specifics, as at the time I was trying very hard to get something up in
a very great hurry indeed, and didn't spend more than an hour on it.  I
*think*, but am not sure, that stuff needs to be recompiled - or was it
that you can't run javac from 1.3 in a 1.4 VM?  Something like that;
either way it was a killer for me, since I was trying to deploy JSPs
which required the running of javac from within a server process.

Regards
Tom