Re: need help setting up SAMBA

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 03:13:41PM -0500, Angus D Madden wrote:
> will trillich, Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:27:04PM -0600:
> > i've got SWAT installed in the hopes that it'll help me get
> > samba doing what i want it to do, without drowing in the dark
> > swamp of samba documentation and configuration syntax rules.
> > with zero luck. grab the clue stick, i need it real bad! :(
>
> What do you want samba to do?  Act as a client or server?

just a server for the office wnido~1 machine.

> If you want
> to mount shares from windows machines, try linneighborhood - makes samba
> configuration trivial.  May not be available in potato.

packages.debian.org confirms that it's noly available for
testing and unstable. pooh.

if i can't get it giong other ways i may have to do an source
build thingie. the thought gives me chills...

thanks for the tip, tho--

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #17 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Why is TELNET considered spawn of Satan? Because every keystroke
sent by you, is transmitted -- clear as a bell -- across the
ether. Anyone can sniff your network packets and see what you're
typing -- passwords, love letters, cold fusion blueprints...
It's as secure as shouting from the rooftops. Everyone can see!