Re: need help setting up SAMBA

<quote who="will trillich">
> i've got SWAT installed in the hopes that it'll help me get
> samba doing what i want it to do, without drowing in the dark
> swamp of samba documentation and configuration syntax rules.
> with zero luck. grab the clue stick, i need it real bad! :(
>
> /etc/xinetd contains:
> 	service swat
> 	{
> 		socket_type = stream
> 		protocol    = tcp
> 		user        = root
> 		server      = /usr/sbin/tcpd

just a thought, but take out the tcpd, and make swat the
server instead. since your using xinetd's own access lists
you shouldn't need tcpd.

For my systems i use sslwrap with samba, I have a setup like:

service swat
{
	socket_type     = stream
	protocol        = tcp
	wait            = no
	user            = root
	server          = /usr/sbin/swat
}

service swats
{
	socket_type     = stream
	protocol        = tcp
	wait            = no
	user            = root
	server          = /usr/sbin/sslwrap
	server_args     = -cert /etc/sslwrap/server.pem -port 901
-without_pid
}

then i have in /etc/services an entry for swats on port 900

it works well ...just wish i could get sslwrap working on my
non-debian machines ..

nate