latest -ac kernel patch

I know this isnt debian specific or anything, and I was trying to get on
the kernel mailing list, but I couldnt figure out how to.  That is
beside the point though.
The point is I would like to apply the latest -ac patch and get it up
and running, but since 2.4.19 pre 1 ac1 I have not been able to aplly
the patch.  It spits out something to the effect of:
--------------------------
|diff -u --new-file --recursive --exclude-from /usr/src/exclude
linux.19p2/Documentation/Configure.help
linux.19pre2-ac2/Documentation/Configure.help
|--- linux.19p2/Documentation/Configure.help	Fri Mar  1 18:26:30 2002
|+++ linux.19pre2-ac2/Documentation/Configure.help	Fri Mar  1 19:43:55
File to patch:

Can anyone maybe help me fix this.  I can still patch the normal kernel
series up to 2.4.19 pre2.  But I cannot patch the ac line.  Ive been
able to do it in the past, is anyone else having this problem or know a
work around for it?  Thankyou

--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu