Re: can't unmout cleanly because of nss-ldap

<quote who="Tim Dijkstra">
> Hi,
>

> All works fine, but if I want to unmount /usr (something that
> happens at reboot or halt) that fails because the device is 'busy'.
> I suspect this has something to do with ldap related libraries that
> are still in memory and live in /usr/lib. Now the question is: How
> do I fix this, I'm really fed-up with the fsck every reboot...

try to verify this by installing fuser or lsof(reccomended),
going to runlevel 1(init 1)

and try to umount /usr

if it says device busy do lsof  | grep /usr
and it should tell you what is using /usr

I have nss-ldap installed on my laptop and have not had
this problem(woody), i have nss-ldap installed on a couple
potato machines but have not rebooted them yet.

nate