Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

> I leave gnomeicu running all the time and my process table get filled
> with defunct gnomeicu processes. I have to stop/restart gnomeicu to get
> rid of them.

I've had this "fork: ..." message happen when I had only around 300
processes running.  /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max is the only relevant
knob I've found, and it is set at 4095.

Similarly, we could be out of file descriptors, but
/proc/sys/fs/file-max (which presumably caps the number of open
files?) is set at 8192; I'm sure the 300 processes didn't each have
25+ files open.

Does anyone know how to increase the number of allowed processes?

--Pete